K-CANVAS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- ▼WHAT IS K-CANVAS®
A long time project for the Earnest team: Create the toughest fabric to work in, all while remaining comfortable and well fitted for everyday wear. A multi layer material just wasn’t going to cut it here.
K-CANVAS® is a 13oz. canvas blend developed by Earnest, that fuses 48% Dupont Kevlar® with cotton.
- ◄HOW HAS THE SLIDE TIME/ABRASION RESISTANCE/TENSILE STRENGTH BEEN TESTED
- K-CANVAS® has been official tested by the both the offical European Safety Standards Authority RICOTEST, VR, Italy, and initially strength tested at the LASRA Association Laboratories, Palmerston North, New Zealand
The material has been officially tested in both the past (CE EN13595-1: 2002) and the forthcoming standards (prEN 17092* as at May 2017) Professional European test standards for “Protective Clothing for Professional Motorcycle Riders”.
The 4.39 second slide time is an average result between these tests.
- ◄CE APPROVAL
- In the forthcoming standard (prEN 17092* as at May 2017), K-CANVAS achieved a motorcycle tested CE Zone 1 level for abrasion resistance.
With a Class-B Classification overall - the highest light-duty abrasion protection garment standard achievable without the presence of impact protectors.
The Tasker Pant far exceeded all required levels of strength for abrasion, seam strength and tear strength for this classification.
- ◄SHOULD I WEAR ADDITIONAL IMPACT PROTECTORS WHEN RIDING?
- The Tasker Pant is recommended to be worn with, at least, suitable EN 1621-1 certified Knee protectors for a minimum complete protection.